The grid layout allows to intuitively see which sessions take place in parallel or overlap.
Your personal event schedule always works on your device, independent of your connectivity status.
The source code of this project is available and will always be accessible for you in the future.
As an end-user of the app you have full functionality at your fingertips. Here is a small overview of what you can expect. Read more on the features page.
- View program by day and rooms (side by side)
- Custom grid layout for smartphones (try landscape mode 🙃) and tablets
- Read detailed descriptions of events (speaker names, start time, room name, links, ...)
- Add events to favorites list
- Manage your favorites
- Setup alarms for individual events
- Add events to your personal calendar
- Share a website link to an event with others
- Make use of automatic program updates (configurable in settings)
- Keep track of program changes
- Vote and leave comments on talks and workshops
The app is built to be extendable and to be integrated with other software systems. The following projects are already supported and can be enabled as needed.
- If you are using the c3nav indoor navigation (opens new window) then EventFahrplan has a navigation option right at the session details screen ready for you to find your way to the next room.
- If your using the Engelsystem project (opens new window) for coordinating helpers and working shifts at your event then you can make helpers happy! EventFahrplan supports loading personal working shifts from the Engelsystem into the app.
- If you are storing your session recordings at media.ccc.de (opens new window) we recommend using the Chaosflix Android app (opens new window) to consume the videos. EventFahrplan allows to share favorites with Chaosflix to have your playlist ready in seconds.
The user interface of EventFahrplan can be translated into any language. Session descriptions must be edited by the event host. Currently, the following languages are ready to use:
Steady events & happy users
The EvenFahrplan has proven since 2011 to be very useful at small and large events such as the Chaos Communication Congress with 17,000 visitors (numbers from 2019). Here is a selection of events which used the EventFahrplan app.
- Chaos Communication Congress
- Chaos Communication Camp
- FOSSGIS conference
- taz lab
- Droidcon Berlin
- Cryptorave 2019
- KotlinConf 2019
- Bits & Bäume
- PGCon 2018
- FOSS4G 2022
- DebConf 2021
- LibreOffice 2021
- PyConZA 2021
- rC3 2021
- Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2022
- Grazer Linuxtage 2022
- HOPE 2022