The grid layout allows to intuitively see which sessions take place in parallel or overlap.
Your personal event schedule always works on your device, regardless of your connection status.
The source code of this project is available and will always be accessible for you in the future.
As an end user of the app you have full functionality at your fingertips. Here is a brief overview of what you can expect. Read more on the features page.
- View program by day and rooms (side by side)
- Custom grid layout for smartphones (try landscape mode 🙃) and tablets
- Read detailed descriptions of events (speaker names, start time, room name, links, ...)
- Add events to favorites list
- Manage your favorites
- Setup alarms for individual events
- Add events to your personal calendar
- Share a website link to an event with others
- Make use of automatic program updates (configurable in settings)
- Keep track of program changes
- Vote and leave comments on talks and workshops
The app is designed to be extensible and integrate with other software systems. The following projects are already supported and can be enabled as needed.
- If you are using the c3nav indoor navigation (opens new window), then EventFahrplan has a navigation option right on the session details screen ready for you to find your way to the next room.
- If you use the Engelsystem project (opens new window) to coordinate helpers and work shifts at your event then you can make your helpers happy! EventFahrplan supports loading personal working shifts from the Engelsystem into the app.
- If you save your session recordings at media.ccc.de (opens new window) we recommend to use the Chaosflix Android app (opens new window) to watch the videos. EventFahrplan allows you to share your favorites with Chaosflix to have your playlist ready in seconds.
The user interface of EventFahrplan can be translated into any language. Session descriptions have to be edited by the organizer. The following languages are currently available:
Steady events & happy users
The EvenFahrplan app has proven since 2011 to be very useful at small and large events such as the Chaos Communication Congress with 17,000 visitors (figures from 2019). Here is a selection of events which used the EventFahrplan app.
- Chaos Communication Congress 2019
- Chaos Communication Camp 2023
- FOSSGIS conference
- MRMCD 2023
- FrOSCon 2023
- Datenspuren 2023
- taz lab
- Droidcon Berlin
- Privacy Week Wien
- Cryptorave 2019
- KotlinConf 2023
- Bits & Bäume
- Hackover 2023
- GPN 2023
- PGCon 2018
- FOSS4G 2023
- DebConf 2021
- LibreOffice 2021
- PyConZA 2021
- rC3 2021
- Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2023
- Grazer Linuxtage 2022
- HOPE 2022
- Acrolotl 2022
- Auerworld 2022
- Acronia 2022
- JEV 2022
- AndroidMakers 2023